Trading Manager (Buying)Screwfix Head Office Yeovil 2020-2353
There has never been a more exciting time to join our business! We’re still growing and opening more stores each week, and we’re not stopping - we’ve got a really ambitious and exciting growth plan, and our Trading / Buying team is right at the centre of it. If you want to join a team where you will get real ownership of your category and the chance to make a tangible difference to one of the most exciting growth plans in the UK, this is your chance.
As a Trading Manager (Buying) you’ll have full ownership and accountability for all buying activity, and will make decisions to deliver sales and margin targets to impact growth. You’ll work to develop the rolling 12-month trading plan and manage your category to shape and deliver our offer, range, price and promotional activities.
You don’t necessarily need to know a Milwaukee from a DeWalt, but you will have a passion our retail customers and put them at the front and centre of everything that you do. Being customer centric will be critical in helping you to develop an innovative and market leading range of products and offers for your category.
Our Trading team is talented and you’ll work collaboratively across the team, business and Kingfisher group to deliver your category plans and have the opportunity to learn whilst you do it. You’ll be motivated to manage our supply base and be able to negotiate confidently and effectively to optimise cost.
- Experience of retail trading, or relevant industry as a buyer or similar role
- Clear understanding of how to develop and deliver commercial concepts
- Customer focused
- Understanding of all sales channels
- Strategic sales management, understands seasonality, price perception
- Clear understanding of financial reporting
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge including Excel and PowerPoint
- Good presentation skills
- Strong project management / deadline management skills
In line with government advice, and to keep our colleagues safe, we are currently working remotely wherever possible. In the future, travel to our head office in Yeovil would be required a minimum of 3 days a week.
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with nearly 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
- Up to £45,000 basic salary
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at email@example.comApply