Buying Negotiation Manager (Branded Goods)Screwfix Head Office Yeovil 2021-4468
As the Buying Negotiation Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that our Trading team are maximising their negotiation opportunities with suppliers through insight, facilitation of set plays and working with the team to apply buying best practices.
As the Buying Negotiation Manager you will oversee the completion of annual vendor buying agreements by the trading teams, create and maintain a suite of management information to improve visibility and outcomes. You will also be responsible for maintaining a central depository of all vendor contract negotiations.
Within the management of vendor contracts, you will need to lead on the recovery of losses where price investments have been made.
Develop and coordinate set play negotiation opportunities, as well as creating and developing templates to share in workshops for the trading teams. Ensuring that the latest commodity, currency and markets data is being pro-actively used to secure best buying price.
Within your team you will share best practice on buying approaches and ways of working, as well as continuously looking for better ways of working.
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to bring insight to Management Information to create strong negotiation scenarios for those in the Trading team
- Project Management experience
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to facilitate workshops and meetings to support in the training of others
- Reporting and analysis skills
- Able to add value and create credibility with those already in the team
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
Contact Jess Wood email@example.com
- 33 days’ holiday
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Bupa healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Car Allowance
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply