Buying AssistantScrewfix Head Office Yeovil 2020-2023
Support Buying Manager and the buying governance process through data coordination and effective tracking progress of negotiation opportunities.
As the Buying Assistant you will be working closely with Trading Teams to track key timeframes supplier activity/ critical paths. Managing effective records of negotiation and relevant vendor activity will be key to meet deadlines.
You will track progress and results against negotiation opportunities identified by Trading Team and the Buying Manager.
Another element of this role is to develop your knowledge of the negotiation process and support the Buying Manager to find ways to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Experience working within a face-paced, deadline driven environment
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and skilled with Microsoft Excel
- Accurate and numerate, with attention to detail to be able to challenge and spot errors
- Analytical; able to produce, interpret and draw conclusions from data
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Previous commercial experience in a retail environment
- Previous work experience within a Buying Head Office
- Strong commercial awareness, with a creative eye for product and trends
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
Contact either Jess Wood firstname.lastname@example.org or Jess Gates email@example.com
- 28 days’ holiday, increasing with each years’ service
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply