DC Outbound PlannerScrewfix Trade Counter Stafford 2021-7725
Working 3 out of 4 Saturdays on a rotation basis
In this role you’ll be continuously reviewing our Trade counter replenishment requirements and taking on the challenge of ensuring we have the right stock in the right place at the right time. Using business intelligence and sales data, you’ll balance our stock requirements with our logistics capacity, and ensure we are optimising costs, availability and customer experience.
You will also get the opportunity to build strong relationships with our Trade Counters through which you’ll understand the retail requirements and identify new opportunities to improve our replenishment strategy.
- Take responsibility for optimising stock flow into and out of our Trade Counters, ensuring that we have the right stock in the right place at the right time
- Review current TC replenishment requirements and order stock efficiently into TCs. Review TCs max delivery capacity vs. actual demand and resolve issues with the Wincanton and TC ops
- Manage the initial allocation of new products to our Trade Counters and monitor the exit process of deleted catalogue line
- Forecast our TC stock requirements, using historical sales data and other business intelligence to manage TC availability
- Optimise costs, stock and distribution centre availability – ensuring that our day to day operational capacity is not exceeded
- Manage key internal relationships with Category Supply Chain teams and retail operations teams both in Head Office and in our Trade Counters.
- Work closely with Wincanton to enhance operational efficiency including smoothing the throughput of products from the depot to Trade Counters, reviewing forecasts, and improving the piece to line ratio.
- Spend time in Trade Counters to understand retail requirements and identify new opportunities to improve availability
- Develop relationships with 3PL colleagues to ensure prompt and effective resolution of operational issues.
- Daily activities include working with Wincanton to collaboratively manage order cycles and minimise abandons and lost sales.
- Prior experience in managing internal/external relationships – whether customers, suppliers or staff from other departments
- Prior experience in a role which required working on multiple tasks, to tight deadlines
- Prior supply chain, inventory, logistics or commercial experience would be an advantage.
- Prior experience within and understanding of a retail environment would be an advantage.
- Proven skills in data analysis – able to understand and interpret financial, sales and other commercial information
- Proven skills in problem solving – able to anticipate and highlight issues, and take decisive corrective action, working within established procedures.
- Proven range of communication skills – able to communicate effectively with a range of audiences both orally and in writing
- Strong computer skills (Word, Email and particularly Excel) and ability/confidence to learn new systems as required.
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We’re proud of where we’ve come from, what we’ve achieved and our ambitions for the future. But more than that – we’re proud of who we are. We’re 12,000 people each with our own stories to tell. We don’t have a type and we like it that way.
If you join us, you’ll be joining a true market leader and one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK and Ireland with over 700 stores. Your growth will also be critical to us, and we’ll support you to reach your potential and achieve your ambitions, no matter what they are.
We’re also a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group alongside big names such as B&Q, Castorama and Brico Depot. Join our team and become a part of #LifeAtScrewfix!
- 28 days’ holiday, increasing with each years’ service
- Award winning pension scheme – up to 14% Kingfisher contribution
- 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q
- Discounted healthcare and life cover
- Loyalty recognition & company share save scheme
- Currently working flexibly from home
- In-house training and development
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply